Keeping a routine is very important to me and I feel the moment I don’t everything seems to fall out of place and I don’t feel structured.
With all that’s going on in the world right now and living in isolation for a month, I wanted to share the daily routine that helps me keep up with my goals and feeling like I still have a structure to my life. I am the type of person that falls into ruts easily and has a harder time getting out of them than in so again this is very important for me to stick to during these times so I don’t get stuck in a rut of being unmotivated.
- 5:00 AM- Rise and Shine- I wake up a little slow, I drag my body to the washroom, wash my face quickly with some micellar water and intake a glass of water and as I’m drinking my water I will envision ” My Perfect Day”
- 5:30 AM- Walk Time- Harley and I will go for a walk or jog for about 30-45 minutes, enjoying the sounds of the birds waking up and chirping, to the waves crashing onto the shore of English Bay. I take this time to reflect on all things I am thankful and grateful for, before actually writing it in my general.
- 6:00 AM – Prep- I will give Harley her food and while she eats I will run off to make the bed because that’s just one big game to her. I will prep my collagen with water and greens and stretch while I prepare for my morning workout.
- 6:30 AM- Work Out- before quarantine, I would do a workout every morning and have found in the past few weeks my records are blank so I had to make sure this was put back into my daily routine. I always feel so much more productive throughout my day when I get this in.
- 7:00 AM- Coffee/Journalling– As my coffee is being made I will take 5 minutes to do a meditation and feel aligned with myself and my goals and then take the time to really enjoy every last sip of my coffee while journaling my daily gratitude, what I am thankful for, my intentions and affirmations setting me up for success for a positive mindset for the day.
- 8:00 AM- Playtime with Harley- I take this time to give Harley the mental stimulation she needs and play her favourite games which usually entails chasing her around the apartment trying to get whatever toy she decides to play with.
- 9:00 AM- Get Into Gear- Now I will Shower, do my morning skincare routine get dressed and depending on how I feel do my makeup, but most days I like to just let my skin breathe.
- 9:50 AM- Breakfast- I actually time block this to make breakfast and have it ready by 10, nothing extravagant usually toast, eggs or oatmeal…
- 10:00 Am –Work – I Dedicate this time for work. Starting with overlooking emails while eating my breakfast and then I will dive into any tasks needing to be done.
- 12:00 PM- Walk Harley- Now its time to take a little break, get some fresh hair, clear the mind and walk Harley.
- 12:30 PM- Lunchtime- I am really bad for lunch I need to learn to force myself to eat because I tend to forget during the day. If I end up not having lunch ill take the time to move my body, do a workout or dance around to my favourite songs… chances are its Major Lazer because I am obsessed.
- 1:00- Work- Dedicated to working, whatever has kind of come up throughout the day, re-check emails. Again each day is different and during the isolation days, my hours are cut back a bit but I like to at least block this time out for work so I don’t feel overwhelmed or anxious if anything comes up and catches me off guard.
I will block this time to about 4:oo Pm and if I don’t have work at that moment in time I will either work on my blog or clean up a little around the house.
- 4:30 PM- Shower- I like to shower and relax while listening to the music ..or possibly risking my life by thinking my shower is a club’s dance floor but to each their own right …Showers are my way of kind of rinsing off anxiety and detaching from everyday life. There’s something about the hot water beating on me that just brings me to peace its really hard for me to explain it but I need this to come into a relaxing state that separates my work from home life.
- 5:00 PM- Dinner- Now from here onwards is all different each day Between 5-6 will be dinner time, Depending on how we feel either we will make dinner or just order in from one of our favourite local restaurants.
- 6-9 PM – Miscellaneous –This is my wind downtime, where I do whatever my mind/heart is feeling like doing at the time, whether that’s watching Netflix, read a book, yoga, play or walk with Harley or brainstorm for my next post Right before bed ill do my Nighttime skincare routine and crawl into bed, and dream about all the things ill doo when quarantine is over.
When it comes to the weekend, I like to live by the moment, I still get out with Harley in the morning but I like to to use the weekend as my time to reset as that is what my normal life would be if we weren’t living in quarantine, weekends where always spend with friends, family, running errands and relaxing so its important to me to still keep a weekend in my routine.
Thank you for your interest in my daily routine guaranteed edition! I would love to hear how you are spending your days! Are you sticking to a routine?